[Roadsters] slightly OT: check your purchases

Tim tputland at charter.net
Mon Dec 5 09:55:51 MST 2011

This falls into the category of fool me once shame on you (and it wont
happen again so no "fool me twice")...

I bought a set of really nice used U20 head bolts a few years ago when I
thought I might need to rebuild at least the top end my U20. When the
box came I didn't open it. I just put it with my (then) growing stack of
U20 parts for the potential rebuild.

Fast forward a few years, an R16 stroker in progress, no more need for
U20 parts and the start of the U20 part pile sell off to finance the
stroker build: I opened the box of head bolts to take a picture and post
on evilbay. What do I see? Only nine bolts. WTF!

So, a lesson learned that shouldn't have been needed.

Tim