[Roadsters] seat belts

James L Culp james-culp at charter.net
Mon Dec 19 09:54:16 MST 2011

For clarification..

3/8-16 is UNC - UNC means unified coarse which is a special case of UN
3/8-20 is UN - UN means unified or the standard
3/8-24 is UNF - UNF means unified fine which is also a special case of
UN

Interestingly, I've found through the years that most bolts usually fit
in the category of coarse or fine and not the standard!

I have a '66 1600...  I ran a 3/8-20 clearance tap in my seat belt
threaded inserts and found it to be the correct size.  An M8(metric) any
thread pitch falls in the hole and a M10 is just too large.

James