[Roadsters] Windshields

Bill Cole datrock at centurytel.net
Sat Dec 24 07:57:22 MST 2011

Your Infinty quote may include the new seal or material for a new seal.
On my Toyota Pickup, the PO had the windshield replaced and they cut the
gasket down to remove the glass, when the new glass and moulding were
installed it left a large gap approx 1/8" around the edge of the
windshield, I consulted a glass installer and he said in-shop they can
put a new seal in but most on the spot installers just use a cutter on
the seal and reuse the old one with caulking which leaves a gap. Plus he
said Toyota glass was thicker than what is availible from aftermarket
glass suppliers. Same may fall into play with Infinty, as mentioned in a
Bill