[Roadsters] new roadster tires

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 31 13:56:26 MST 2011

Discussed a zillion times here and 311s.org forums w/ lots of opinions. A
snippet from a 2005 thread:

---BEGIN ----------------------------
When questions on replacement tires for a stock rim were posted to this list
in Jan, Feb, and April of 2002, the following were some of the size
suggestions:

165/80-14
175/65-14
175/70-14
175/75-14
185/60-14
185/65-14
195/60-14

Gordon Glasgow suggested that 5.60-14 was pretty close to 6.00-14, for which
an equivalency chart showed 175/70-14 in current sizes.  However, Thomas
from Sweden said that this size requires a 5-inch rim.  I think the stock
rim is less than 5 inches.

In a thread in April 2002, size 195/65-14 was said to have the diameter of
the original tires.

--- END --------------------------
The stock wheel width is 4-inches. This increased to 4-1/2 inches in
'68(maybe late '67?).

People could offer more specific comments if you provided:

1. Brand & size of your current tires.
2. What you do/don't like about them.
3. Why you're thinking the Yokohama H4S as you'll need to pick another tire.
The H4S and V4S have been discontinued and replaced by the ENVigor, which is
-NOT- available in 14-inch.
4. Type of driving & mileage you do.

Hope this helps.

Pete