[Roadsters] FW: 1967 SPL 311 N 09059 is up for sale in Virginia

Jim In Virginia wrenchorhammer at live.com
Sat Feb 12 19:02:22 MST 2011

Hello List,

I am regrettably getting out of the antique japanese car business, going to
concentrate on my gardens, fishing, and my 96 Miata.
First to go is SAKE RKT, my 67 roadster, then once I get everything squared
away, my 72 510 Sportwagon Project.

The 67 Roadster is:  A california car with not too much rust but a bunch of
dents, pounded back into shape, and with the help of fiberglass and bondo
painted by me in red enamal some years ago.  It is a good 20/20 car (20 feet
away or going by at 20 MPH).  It has new rubber gaskets around all the chrome,
and mostly rechromed trim.  Its not high quality trim, just what is called
street chrome, but its straight and shiny.  Of note, all 6 parts of the
stainless side trim are on this car and nearly perfect ($600 if bought
seperatly).

Its a fast car.  Quite a bit faster than my 96 Miata, and capable of smoking
burnouts and getting good rubber in 2nd gear.  Why is that you might
ask....well its a stroker 2L, bored .030 over stock.  It has a special cam,
and big valves.  The intake is ported to take advantage of the valves, and
also the big carbs, which are early 240 Z vintage.  The head is shaved just a
bit, about .010.  It has the 5 spd trans, and the later rear axle.

I have had the speedo and tach professionallly rebuilt, and all gages work
except the clock.  The interior is nice, all redone.  Newer top. Nice radio
and CD player.

De-arched rear springs and collapsed front springs with comp sway bar.
Autocross front settings with a bit of negitive camber.

This car is competitiive in CSP at the local level....it will beat about half
the Miatas overall at Tidewater Sports Car Club.

This car is ready to drive home....or come and pick it up with a trailer.

For the list, price is $3000 cash.  The reserve on E bay will be $3250.  I
would rather sell it here to a datsun person who understands what he is
getting.

E mail me for pics.  Lots of folks on the list know me, and know that the
engine alone is worth the 3K.

What would I do with the car:  One of two things
1) enjoy it like it is...take it for road trips and race it
2) use the tremendous amount of good stuff it has to make a perfect 66 or 67
roadster, using a rust/bondo/dent free desert body

Best Regards,
Jim

Chesapeake Virginia