[Roadsters] EI Distributor Advance or not?

Gary Boone gboone70 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 14:06:26 MST 2011

Yes, that will accomplish the same thing.  When I built the EI
distributors for
Solex cars, I locked the breaker assembly with a screw to
prevent relative
movement between the upper and lower plates.  But the vacuum
controller, if left
in place, should do the same thing.  The centrifugal
advance is the same for SU
and Solex dizzies.  You're good to go as is.  Or
if you wanted to remove the
vacuum controller, you could take it apart and
convert it to a Solex dizzy.
Email me for details of that if you wish.