[Roadsters] Volvo brake system problem

Erik Miller funkaholik at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 01:18:06 MDT 2011

Often with a non-stock brake conversion, the pushrod from pedal to master
cylinder needs to be shortened.  What happens is that the pushrod is just a
bit too long, and puts a small bit of pressure on the master cylinder.  This
starts a feedback loop with the hydraulics where the brakes start
self-engaging, more and more, sometimes until the car won't move.  This
happened when we converted my brother's 67 Camaro from drum to disc brakes.
 The original drum pushrod needed to be replaced with the disc brake one. Once
we put the disc spec piece in, the problem was cured.  Good luck.
Erik MillerBerkeley, CA1970 1600 in hibernation...