[Roadsters] Heater core replacement question

Fred Katz roadster at astound.net
Sat Jun 18 10:30:56 MDT 2011

I bought a new core from one of the vendors, believe it was Dean Apostal of
southern California - www.datsunparts.com

The core was a newly manufactured replacement that was slightly different,
with a different insulating foam. Once I got the heater box out of the
roadster, it was easy to pull the old core out, and the new core fit
perfectly. I don't know if new cores are still available. I bought this over
ten years ago. And my heater still works perfectly to this day. If new cores
are no longer available, you can probably get the old one re-cored at a
radiator shop.

Fred - So.SF, CA