[Roadsters] 150 hp engine for sale

Jim Gammon gtpjimgammon at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 30 18:02:32 MDT 2011

Hi all, the following is from my Ebay listing. This is the engine I got 3
years ago when I bought my 69 2k down in Houston. It would not get over 100
mph, and it turned out the front two cylinders only had 80 lb compression, the
result of a stuck from choke cable.  Yeah, I got skunked by the seller, who
said it was in good condition. Maybe he didn't know better?
As you can see, it is completely with air cleaner and linkage and I was told
the cam is the 150 hp one, and I'm sure it is. It ran well. I bought a used
engine from Carl H and rebuilt it as a 135 hp, I like that setup.
I also have the 5 spped for sale if anyone is interested.
Jim GammonNJ
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160612704940#ht
_500wt_1182
Datsun SRL 311 Roadster 2000 engine hitachi solex
1969 Datsun (Nissan) SRL-311 2000cc 150 hp hi performance factory roadster
engine. This is the hot setup racing engine, the highest performance Roadster
engine ever made. Overhead cam, dual Solex/Hitachi (like Weber) carbs, hi
performance cam, . This was a running engine in a SRL 311 2000 (2 liter)
roadster.
It is missing only the distributor, dipstick and oil filler cap, which I moved
to my rebuilt engine. I did not disassemble the engine in any way.
I removed the engine from a running car 3 years ago, and it has been stored
indoors since then covered. The reason I removed it was that it simply would
not get it over 100 mph and the problem proved to be low compression on the
front two cylinders. I discovered the cause, the cable operating the front
choke was misadjusted and the front choke was always on. All that extra gas
reduced the lubrication on the piston rings and it lost compression. At a
minimum, the engine needs new rings, but it is possible that it should be
bored out and the next size larger pistons installed. I don't know the
condition otherwise, but it didn't make any unusual noises or have any
problems other than a lack of proper horsepower.
I am not sure how many miles are on the engine, the car had 65,000 miles when
I bought
it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=16061270494
0#ht_500wt_1182