[Roadsters] Flywheel locking tool?

Walter Peterson Walter.Peterson at cox.net
Tue May 10 22:52:47 MDT 2011

I was hoping someone had a better Idea.  I need to loosen & properly
retorque the front pulley bolt on my R16 motor, while it's still in the car.

I've got a flywheel tool that's great when the motor is on the stand, but
you can't use it with the transmission attached.

I drew up a tool that replaces the starter and engages & locks the flywheel.
The first shop wanted $200 + to make it.

So who's got clever a Flywheel locking tool or trick to do this?

Walt Peterson

Santa Barbara CA

66 R20 w/44's

LSD & Big Brakes.