[Roadsters] Coolant leak

Steve Harvey stebharvey at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 5 08:46:34 MDT 2011

Group,

During my pre-flight inspection of silver for this up and coming weekend's
twistie road run I noticed a small amount of coolant below the front of the
engine. It appears that the thermostat housing (I've never removed it)is
leaking at the head to housing surface. The housing was installed using a
liquid gasket material and not a hard gasket. I plan on removing the housing
and am wondering if the liquid gasket or hard gasket is preferred? Brand or
material choice information is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Harvey