[Roadsters] fuel gauge troubleshooting

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Thu Oct 13 23:30:49 MDT 2011

Krismon,

Get wiring diagram from 311s.org website, then check all connections and
grounds.  If temperature gauge works, the problem is probably in the wiring
from the gauge through the sender to ground, or the sender.  You can pull
the sender via the access panel in the trunk floor and check its operation.

I am told that the standard for the fuel sending unit is 83 ohms +/_ empty
and 12 ohms +/- Full.  If you do choose to remove the sender, be careful not
to damage the exposed resistor windings.

I have run the wiring on my fuel gauge from the 12 volt source through the
gauge to the sender to ground, and haven't been able to get the temp and
fuel gauges working again.  So, patience.

Gary