[Roadsters] tie rod ends, the "shock"

ljordan704 at netscape.net ljordan704 at netscape.net
Tue Oct 25 10:29:05 MDT 2011

Also companies in the US with factories in China set the quality too.

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 24, 2011, at 11:45 PM, "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc at att.net> wrote:

> I don't think the Chinese use the same crap the sell into the US market.
But, remember who determines what crap is available in the US:  Not the
Chinese -- the US companies who specify and order it.  Want top quality tools?
Buy "Made in USA".  More expensive, but will generally last a couple of
lifetimes.  (I still use some of my father's Craftsman wrenches.  I broke an
11/16 box-open a few years back.  Had to have been 50 years old.  Sears
replaced it without a word.)

> I have found most of what is at Harbor Freight is junk.  Some exceptions,
though, and if you are only going to use an item on occasion, it may be OK.
For a while Sears was buying inferior wrenches and sockets -- using heavier
wall material in lieu of higher-strength.  Made it more difficult to get
wrenches and sockets into tight places.  Snap-On, SK, Proto and the like were
better.  Seems things at Sears are better now -- I am satisfied with Craftsman
quality in standard tools once again.  Of course, there are some specialty
automotive tools things only Snap-On seems to have.

> Just one man's opinion.
>
> Gary
> ----- Original Message ----- From: <davesmbox at aol.com>

On