[Roadsters] Fan Clutch

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Tue Sep 6 22:36:02 MDT 2011

Domingo,

That seven-blade fan is there for a reason:  NAIS (smog system) equipped
cars can run hot at idle and low speed, so the fan clutch engages and the
high-capacity fan work to reduce the temperature.  Unless you live somewhere
which requires smog equipment on older cars, I'd get rid of the system, plug
the holes in the manifold and head, and recalibrate the distributor for
non-smog operation.  Otherwise, I'd leave the seven-blade fan in place.

The connection for the vacuum advance on 1600 carbs is on the underside of
the front carburetor, just before the carb-to-manifold flange.

Gary