[Roadsters] new (old) top

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Mon Sep 12 00:19:37 MDT 2011

Oliver,

I presume the top fasteners have not been installed in the top.  If the top
has been properly stored, I don't think any special measures are required.
As long as that is the case, the installer should be able to compensate for
any shrinkage which may have taken place with age when he/she installs the
fasteners.  (My one concession to political correctness w.r.t. gender
neutrality for the day.)

(I once bought an NOS tonneau for my '66, and, as it was a factory part, the
fasteners were already installed.  When I finally got around to using it,
the fasteners at the dash end are nearly impossible to attach.)

FWIW, having once installed a top on my '66, I would recommend having a
professional do it .  Oh, I got it done, but it was a _____ of a job, and I
never was completely happy with the way the side lights in the rear aligned.

Gary