[Roadsters] again the lightweight

Mark Dent mark at dealermats.com
Thu Sep 22 09:45:16 MDT 2011

There is no way to recover the car until  you report it stolen. Even if you
find it the authorities can not take it from whomever has it because it is not
considered a stolen vehicle. The scrapyard has to run stuff through a database
by law to see if it is stolen, if it's not in that database they can not be
held responsible.

You need to report it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2011, at 9:22 AM, chalsted at comcast.net wrote:

> name of the yard that supposedly scrapped the car is Champion's scrap. if
anyone bought my race roadster from them, it was not theirs to sell although
they wouldn't necessarily have known that...I just want to recover the car if
it still exists