[Roadsters] more lightweight race roadster info

Leigh Brooks shifty at shiftco.com
Thu Sep 22 15:21:49 MDT 2011

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2011, at 12:17 PM, Tim <tputland at charter.net> wrote:

> Reading Paul's story makes me nervous about my situation:
>
> I have had a complete set of 67.5 gauges at the restorer's (no names, but he
is in socal) for almost two full years now. Makes me wonder if I am going to
get screwed. Or have I already been screwed? Can get him to the phone. Doesnt
return emails. Doesn't return voice mails. Oh bloody hell.

> Tim
>

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 10:48 AM, cour.jpeg at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Many years ago I had a newly-rebuilt 5-spd shipped from Sheeler's Rising
Sun Racing in Ohio to a 'trusted' shop where I was going to have it installed
in my '70 2L.

>> There was a good 6-month delay as to when they could take on the job, but
they assured me the gearbox was safe. Fine by me, I was in an apartment and
couldn't store it easily.

>> The same shop races at our local Summit Point.
>>
>> Gearbox would become misplaced.  No one knew what happened to it. Vanished.
Probably still in someone's car somewhere.

>> I kicked myself for many years not keeping better track of it in the time
frame, and Craig, I have to guess you're feeling the same way right about
now.

>> Rub it in the dirt and move on, that's my advice. Saves having to carry
poison around for the misdeeds of others.  You can control your part of it.