[Roadsters] Out Of Ideas

fairlady at putermail.net fairlady at putermail.net
Fri Jun 8 15:13:34 MDT 2012

My 1969 srl311 has decided to test my mechanical ability and I am
coming up woefully short. My son has been driving this car regularly
for a couple of years but yesterday it died,while he was driving it he
thought that it ran out of gas but it wasn't.
It seemed as though it wasn't firing at all, gas was fine, I drained
it and put new gas in. I replaced the plugs, distributor cap and rotor
on the GBEI Dizzy.
I am guessing that something has gone awry with the SU's BUT I can't
even get it to fire up using starter fluid.

Any thoughts, suggestions or even hey stupid did you check xxx?

Chas