[Roadsters] 1500 Wiper seals

Charles Hubbard cehubbard at verizon.net
Mon Jun 11 08:31:17 MDT 2012

I just found a replacement for the rubber o-rings that go under the
stainless steel caps that hold the outside seals on the wiper blades on a
1964 SPL310 (1500).  I went to Lowes and found a firewall grommet that fit
inside the cap.  The inside "donut" hole was too small, so I enlarged it by
placing the grommet in the cap and drilling it using 3/4" unibit and hand
drill.  Hold onto the cap (wearing gloves) and cut the hole from the back
side, flipping it once to cover both sides evenly until the hole reaches the
correct size.  Fits like a glove and costs about $1.25.

Charlie Hubbard

Flower Mound, TX

1964 SPL 310