[Roadsters] Stuck horn button

Michael Knorr mhknorr at msn.com
Wed Jun 20 19:33:46 MDT 2012

I have a '66 SPL311 whose horn button tends to stick. If I press the horn on
the chrome edge, it works fine. But when the annual State Inspection guys
press it in the middle on the plastic part, it sticks, and I have to pull the
horn wire under the hood to get it to stop honking. Can anyone tell me how I
can remove the horn button on the steering wheel and free up the horn? I can
see the plastic indented well into the chrome horn button. Thanks for your
help.
Regards, Michael Knorr
1966 SPL311-03639