[Roadsters] FS: Roadster Steel Wheels & Update on our 67

Marty Escarcega escarcega at cox.net
Tue Jun 26 20:28:53 MDT 2012

All, I still have a set of 4 steel wheels with the hub cap tabs but no hub
caps. We had them sand blasted and then painted them with semi gloss black
paint. Would like to see them go to someone that can use them.
I was asking $100 plus shipping from Mesa, AZ 85206
Pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/marty.escarcega/RoadsterWheels

A brief update on the progress of our 67. As some of you know my 14 year
old daughter and I have been working the last couple of years on a Roadster
we found. The original engine had the head shaved too much and pistons were
slapping the head. We decided to upgrade the engine and trans to an engine
and 5speed trans out of a 1991 240SX. An S13 KA24DE. All the frame mods are
done, engine and trans bolted in place. Our goal before it got too hot was
to hear the engine fire in the chassis. Last Sunday we got to do that.
Wired up the engine, made a makeshift gas can with fuel pump, and she lit
off and ran. That was a great milestone to achieve before we put the car
away for summer. (We live in Mesa, just East of Phoenix. Our summers are
brutal, don't want to turn Kelsey off by trying to work in this heat) a few
pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/marty.escarcega/1967Datsun1600SPL311Roadster

Oh, and thanks to Linda we have a nice hood for our car. We hope to media
blast the body, prime it and put it back on the chassis this winter and
start on some body work. Our goal is a nice dependable daily driver, not a
show car.

Marty & Kelsey
Mesa, AZ