[Roadsters] Once A Thorn in Nissan's Side, Datsun Is Set For A Comeback - Forbes

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:36:05 MDT 2012

I had the same reaction -- not that it was the 3rd World, but that the
line of cars will be, uh, thrifty.

On the other hand, I think we are safe against stigma and association,
since U.S. consumers won't be exposed to much 3rd World "Datsun"
marketing. And we got a nice boost here when the "garage" commercials
came out.

It doesn't take long to fade out when there is NO brand presence at
all. They barely remember Plymouth & Oldsmobile anyway, with Saturn
and Mercury recognition on the decline too.

Paul