[Roadsters] Brakes (was: FLAPS....was Slave Cylinder)

Pete Peters ppeters914 at comcast.net
Wed May 9 13:06:08 MDT 2012

I had planned to do the original Volvo conversion several years ago. Then someone did a cost analysis, and it was almost a wash compared to replacing/repairing the OEM parts. Additionally, not a single user who converted said the braking had improved significantly over stock (Note: I'm sure there's a number of folks who converted who have never responded).

I then lucked into a deal on slightly used OEM parts from someone who had done the 300ZX brake conversion. I thought the stock brakes were great the few times I drove before killing the car. Granted, that was normal street/highway use, no auto-crossing, etc.

That said, opinions/reality on cost and/or performance may no longer apply with the recent Volvo Brake conversion using the vented rotor.

Pete