[Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues

Mike Harper roadsterdude1600 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 15:09:32 MST 2012

Not sure about the 1600 push rod engine, but when they made it an OHC and
added the long timing chain from the existing cam shaft (jackshaft), to create
the 2000, it can be off a tooth and not do any damage.  (again that is on the
2000 OHC design).  I had that happen and had similar symptoms to those
described.  YMMV.

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper Auction & Realty
843-729-4996