[Roadsters] early 67 roadster pedal assembly

Gordon Glasgow gsglasgow at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 22:44:18 MST 2013

A problem I've encountered is that the hole in the pedal where it attaches
to the bellcrank linkage wears over time and doesn't keep the pedal in the
right position. The end of the bellcrank has two flats on it that are
supposed to fit into a corresponding hole in the pedal. But the hole in the
pedal wears into kind of a bow-tie shape, allowing the pedal to sit closer
to the firewall than it should, and this limits travel.

Bending the pedal is one option. Another is welding up the hole in the pedal
and having it re-cut so it doesn't have the slop.

Gordon Glasgow