[Roadsters] New Exhaust

wattaj wattaj at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 10:32:33 MST 2013

Greetings,

I have looked into fixing up my exhaust system, but don't want to
lose the nice sounds coming out the tail pipe on my 1600.  Currently I have a
header feeding into a rather smallish exhaust tube to the rusty and banged up
muffler under the driver's seat, then the same size tube from there to twin
(ansa style) tip.  I would keep it the way it is, but it rattles quite a bit.

New setup would be installing a new flexible connector to the header exit
(purchased from Dean at DatsunParts) replacing the old tube with a 1.75"
diamater tube, placing a new Magnaflow muffler in a new location to the rear
of the old location and in front of the rear axle, and then reconnecting to
the twin tips.

Does anyone have thoughts on this setup?  Will I still have a
decent exhaust note?

Thanks,
Alan
1967.5 1600