[Roadsters] I don't get it...

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:23:43 MST 2013

"Asking price" and "price sold at" are often widely differing amounts. And,
as mentioned letting anything mechanical sit for a long time will almost
certainly lead to problems. That's one of the reasons I couldn't own an
trailer queen, or at least I wouldn't leave it parked. I'd be too tempted
to drive it like I stole it! Cars are meant to be driven after all. I'd
love to have the '67 GTO that my folks bought new, but it's long gone. I
may build a GTO clone, but if I do it'll definitely be driven, probably
pretty hard.

There's a late model late model Z28 with 2,990 original miles featured in
one of the muscle car mags. The guys says he won't be the one to go over 3K
because it'll decrease the value. First off, it's a late Z28 with a low
power smog motor, not a 1st gen with a 302 or a '70 with the LT-1 350, so
(IMO) it basically a decal package car. And if I want to buy something that
I can just sit and look at to enjoy I'd prefer artwork of some sort.

To each his (or her) own,
Ron