[Roadsters] A light at the end of the tunnel

Jeffvh jeffvh at aol.com
Mon Mar 11 16:53:34 MDT 2013

Gary, congrats on the encouraging words you may get your project going this
year.
To the rest of the list, happy 3/11 day.

Jeff Von Holten
SRL311-12920
Columbus OH

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 11, 2013, at 5:44 PM, Gary McCormick <gkmcc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> SRL311-13291 saw daylight (while still in the garage) y'day for the first
time in years. My wife is on a garage-cleaning mission (for a garage sale to
raise funds for a school trip), and I was able to access the Roadster, pull
back the double car covers and sit in it!

> There is a very real possibility that I will have sufficient access to the
car to work on it before summer arrives.

> I discovered that the left rear tire is cracked and doesn't hold air, so
although all four will have to be replaced due to age (and didn't have too
much mileage on them when it was parked in late '89...), I will have to put a
cheapie on that corner to be able to roll it in and out of the garage to work
on it, before replacing all four when it is ready to be driven.

> Hood latch doesn't release from inside the cockpit, so will have to figure
that one out, too -- but the important thing is that I will soon be able to
start working on it!