[Roadsters] Towing with a tow dolly

dana nojima noji-1 at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 13 23:05:24 MST 2014

I've towed the roadster 2000 miles from the west coast to Minneapolis.  Used
a tow dolly for the front wheels.  The issues about trans were mitigated by
pulling the drive shaft.   The plus side of having a 2000 is that you can
pull the drive shaft with only 4 bolts and not worry about trans fluid
running out.

The most challenging part is going over the Rockies and Sierra.  I found
driving up very slow and coming down the truck was back firing constantly.
Unsettling to hear big banging noises when you are towing something.

Dana

Dana Nojima

noji-1 at pacbell.net

510.219.6474