[Roadsters] Differentials

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Feb 14 17:24:29 MST 2014

I run a U20/ 5 spd in a 1600 car (with the stock differential). Much quicker
than the SRLs I have. the RPMs are not bad in 5th gear at speed on the
highway. Much lower than my 240z 4 speed Top speed 103.

Joe

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:22 PM, Bill Cole <datrock at centurytel.net> wrote:

> Yes, you will feel the gear change, also going to a smaller diameter tire
will have a similar seat of the pants feeling of having more torque. The R&T
articles from the late 1960's has a new 1600 at 12.1 seconds while the S/U
2000 did 10.2 seconds in the 0-60 mark. I would bet on it that if the 1600
used the 3.70 gears like the 2000 has, the time would be even slower..The
3.90's from the 1600 are a great match up for the u20/5speed combo, if the
3.70's are swapped out for the 3.90's also expect to need a different speedo
pinion at the tranny to correct the speedo reading on your gauge...Bill