[Roadsters] dieseling

datsun_nut at ns.sympatico.ca datsun_nut at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 23 13:24:39 MST 2014

Just my 10 cents even thought I have a Solex SRL.
The importance of correct valve clearance cannot be overstated.
I was sure that I had a timing/accelerator pump (Solex) issue; I went all the way back to the basics before I took the carbs off again

Car worked OK cold, but got a little worse once warmed. Thoughts at the time also went to a bad coil or pickup in the Pertronix unit. In the end, all good except that...

Several valves were just a bit tight and obviously got worse as it warmed up. No actual backfiring, just bad stumble, falling flat as I tried to pull away

Just reinforcing what has been said by others

Happy roadstering

Damian Hall
Pictou NS
69 SRL
Envoyi sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le riseau de Bell.