[Roadsters] braking issue

Mike Harper roadsterdude1600 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 10:33:32 MST 2014

For what it is worth, I have a '66 with a single master cylinder and it stops
on a dime.  In fact it stops better then the '69 I used to have and I re-did
the brakes on both.  The reason for the dual master cylinder is for safety, so
you do not loose all 4 wheels upon failure, and that is a good thing, but I do
not believe it helped the stopping power at all.  Both cars will stop very
well when everything is working properly.

I know you are firm on using DOT 5,
and that is OK, but you do know it is much harder to get all air out of the
system. Unless you are racing, I do not see the need, but then I think stock
systems work best with OEM fluids and parts.

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper
Auction & Realty
843-729-4996