[Roadsters] Long distance towing

dave n dave at ranteer.com
Sun Jun 15 21:11:21 MDT 2014

I've never had any issues with a flatbed.  it also has a locked box on it
and a winch.  I'm always careful where I park but . . .

if you are getting a trailer, here's my 2c.

my trailer has a 8000 lb winch (totally overkill but I didn't put it in).

I had a hook welded into the frame under the engine.  I clip on the winch
and pull it up.  there are two chains in the front of the trailer with hooks
which I attach to hooks on the frame.  let off the winch just a bit then
cross tie two hooks in the back (again - had hooks welded into the frame,
which I cross tie to hooks on the trailer).  unloading is simple - chock a
wheel in both directions, do the ramp thing, undo the rear straps, let it
forward a few inches to remove the front chains, then using the remote on
the winch just push it off.

I can load or unload in under 20 min.

what I hate - trailer has two long steel ramps which I have to pull off the
trailer and position.  they are heavy.  I will likely replace them with
aluminum.  better would be ramps that are attached to the trailer that I
could just move into position then back into their "home" position.