[Roadsters] Brake troubles

John F Sandhoff sandhoff at csus.edu
Tue Jun 17 11:44:30 MDT 2014

> Finally got my 67 1600 on the road after a bit over a 2 year build. I am using
> a single master cyl system. When I apply and release the brakes the front
> calipers still continue to grip. After driving a mile or so the brakes seize
> full on. I cracked the bleed screw on the master cyl. and they release.
> There's probably a simply solution, at this point I don't see it. Any
> thoughts?

Your brake pedal isn't fully releasing.
When the pedal is up, there should be just a little bit of slop in
the pushrod-to-cylinder. Are you missing the return spring (pedal
to bracket under dash)?

Could be other issues within the master cylinder, but check this
before digging any deeper.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff   sandhoff at csus.edu   Sacramento, CA