[Roadsters] Brake troubles

Roy Haslett hrhaslett at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 18:29:00 MDT 2014

That's got to be the problem.  I think you can go single up to a tandem, but
not tandem down to a single.

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:08 PM, Greg
Miller <gcmiller56 at gmail.com> wrote:

The system is all new, master cyl.
calipers rebuilt, all brake lines and hoses
new. I've shimmed the master out
1/4 from the bulkhead, it still won't totally
release the pressure.
Maybe to
problem lies with being unable to fit a single master onto one
requiring a
tandem model. The car body is a 67.5 with the recessed area for a
tandem cyl.
My parts donor car was a 67 with an intact single cyl. I don't
have a tandem
cyl. Or the manifold the brake lines connect to.

AM, John F  <sandhoff at csus.edu> wrote:

>> Finally got my 67 1600 on the
road after a bit over a 2 year build. I am
using
>> a single master cyl
system. When I apply and release the brakes the front
>> calipers still
continue to grip. After driving a mile or so the brakes
seize
>> full on. I
cracked the bleed screw on the master cyl. and they release.
>> There's
probably a simply solution, at this point I don't see it. Any
>> thoughts?

Your brake pedal isn't fully releasing.
> When the pedal is up, there should
be just a little bit of slop in
> the pushrod-to-cylinder. Are you missing the
return spring (pedal
> to bracket under dash)?
>
> Could be other issues
within the master cylinder, but check this
> before digging any deeper.
>
> --
John

datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net