[Roadsters] early 1600 steering box

Gary J geegc at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 20:46:13 MDT 2014

my 1966 1600 steering box, original, is getting increasingly sloppy and dead on center.I have tried to adjust it, but too much pressure takes the slop out and makes it hard to turn. And too little makes it easy to turn but even sloppier on center.

has anyone replaced the steering box or rebuilt it, and if so any ideas as to how to find someone to do it or where to get a rebuilt box?

Gary Cohen
1966 1600.B