[Roadsters] clutch slave bleeding, messed up the order?

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Sun Mar 16 17:47:35 MDT 2014

Helped a new friend bleed a replacement clutch slave and braided steel hose.
Not sure I got sequence of events correct, because I got slung a few
curveballs.
Slave bleeder is different size from brakes, so my flare nut wrench does not
fit it.  (don't remember that being the case  on my car)

Slave bleeder smaller, so the plastic tube that I extend from it into a can
partially filled with fluid, well, that didn't work because the hose let air
in between it nd the fitting.

SO was I just supposed to depress pedal and pour from above until fluid came
out bottom, then start the pump-and-squirt repetitions, or pump until it came
out the bottom (wouldn't it gasp air back into line?).

Seemed to go OK, took a bit to get the slave rod adjusted to the right length,
get the pedal to the right height. (note: don't forget to free the jam nuts
before it goes in, because access is very limited once in there, so had to
remove it once to free the jam)

Thanks,
Fergus O