[Roadsters] clutch slave bleeding, messed up the order?

Gary and Cindy Ault aultgc at att.net
Sun Mar 16 21:01:25 MDT 2014

Fergus,

Too late for this evolution but:

I don't think you can adjust the
slave cylinder operating rod to affect pedal height.  The specification for
the slave cylinder operating rod is have about 1/16-inches of play between the
rounded end of the nut on the operating rod and the clutch fork when the slave
cylinder return spring is disconnected.  Or, were you referring to the clutch
master cylinder operating rod. which has double nuts on the ones which are
adjustable in length?  (The originals had a fixed length, so pedal height was
not adjustable.)  I set the pedal height before I tighten things up on the
master cylinder.

You should be able to find a piece of Tygon tubing which
will fit snugly over the nipple on the slave bleeder valve.  I've always fed
and pumped just like I do the brakes.  (One of these days I my invest in speed
bleeders.)

Gary