[Roadsters] Headlights

Paul Courson cour.jpeg at gmail.com
Sat May 17 14:53:31 MDT 2014

I believe it's a very limited market.

The Toshiba were never as bright as other 7" non-capsule incandescent
lamps, but they last forever, or until nicked by flung gravel.

I think their rated voltage is higher than typical, increasing the time
before burnout at the tradeoff of reduced candlepower (lumens or lux for
you metric fans).

In practice many 311 owners prefer something brighter/safer for cars that
are on the road. They have fitted with sealed capsule halogens that became
popular in the 1980s, or have gone to bulb/reflector prefocused units like
the Hella, Cibie, Marchal, and Lucas brands popular outside the U.S.

Museum quality cars ought to be shown with the "Toshiba" branded lamps.

I've seen 1960s vintage GM cars with correct, large flute Guide T-3 lamps
at shows where the owners proudly note such authenticity. Even the small
flute T-3 get poo-poohed in such company.

So, shop them around. You can wait a while for top dollar, or send them
along to a good home.

Best wishes,

Paul