[Roadsters] Cleaning transmission

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:50:32 MST 2014

I don't tink it's a good idea to "flush" a manual. If it needs to be
cleaned out, I'd disassemble it, clean the bits out with cleaner or in a
parts washer, replace the bearings, seals and worn parts, then stick it
back together with the correct gear oil. I'd be concerned that cleaning as
an assembly might flush lubricant out of the bearings.

I could be wrong, but I'd take the opportunity to check all the parts in a
45 y/o transmission.

RD