[Roadsters] Cleaning transmission

L Jordan ljordan704 at netscape.net
Thu Nov 6 13:27:55 MST 2014

Guess I wouldn't want any debris getting into the bearings from cleaning.
Still I wondered if you could blast it with soap and water, rinse, let dry in
the sun and then coat it well with gear oil with new gaskets. Especially if
the wrong gear oil was used like Gl5, in a Warner, GL 4 tranny. Taking it all
apart is not an option now but I was wondering if there was more I should have
done.
I guess there can always be more you could have done.
Curious as to why starter fluid would be used to clean with?

Linda

wondered if old gear oil could be washed out somehow especially if it was the
wrong type. Any thoughts?