[Roadsters] brake bleeding, trial and error results

O'Farrell, Fergus P (AS) Fergus.OFarrell at ngc.com
Mon Sep 15 11:27:44 MDT 2014

Andy Cost always recommended raising the rear of the car, because the incline
of the m/c wanted to trap air in the end of that, even when fluid was being
pumped.
I like this method (reverse car onto my Rhino Ramps) because then I have
access to bleed all 4 in one set-up.

I don't have a pressure bleeder, I just connect a clear hose and have it route
into a smaller bottle with some fluid in it, so that any "hiccup" brings fluid
back up the tube, not air.

The trick is putting the flare nut wrench in the right orientation, as a loose
bleeder will not hold the weight of the wrench, so has to be hanging at 6
o'clock (orientation, not = way thru Happy Hour) to work correctly.

Just what I have found from lots of time with gooey forearms.

Fergus O