[Roadsters] Late front brake rebuild

Ronnie Day ronnie.day at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:28:32 MDT 2014

Gary,

Unfortunately no previous owner had ever removed the plastic sleeving on
the front hard lines. I'm sure that's what at least contributed to the
pinhole. Like I mentioned I think the only safe thing to do is replace all
four hardlines. Any suggestions regarding where I get them? I doubt
Autozone or even NAPA would even know what I was asking for!

As far as the rears are concerned, I did look at the diagrams in the tech
wiki on 311s.org and while it shows the mechanical adjuster on the bottom
and the wheel cylinder on top, mine are the other way around. But I don't
see how the NOS hard line I bought from Dean for the driver rear would've
have worked if what I have is incorrect. Weird!

On the later, dual M/C cars, are they set up diagonally (LF/RR & RF/LR) or
is it just front & rear? This is the first time I've worked on the front
brake of a roadster and I knew they are more fiddly than many others.