[Roadsters] Rear axle vs carrier?s

John Over jover4x4 at aol.com
Wed May 20 13:46:07 MDT 2015

Paul,

Sometimes the shims that preload the side bearings are tough to overcome, especially with little leverage.  Upon install many differentials employ the use of a case spreader in order to set proper preload.  You may want to try to find more leverage and pry out.  With that being said you may need a case spreader to set proper bearing preload upon install.  Is it a Dana axle and a large vehicle?

John Over

Sent from my iPhone