[Roadsters] Brakes Phil Erickson

Paul Kort paulsdatsunstuff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:25:29 MDT 2015

Rich,

  Maybe you just used the brakes too much?  (:-)😀

  Okay, so the SCCA cars were a bit lighter than stock, the vintage
prepared 2000 not quite as light, but still lighter than stock.  At the
SCCA Driver's school I took at Nelson Ledges in NE Ohio, we were
instructed; "Throttle good, brakes bad!".  Nelson is/was a 2.1 mile 13 turn
track.  Brake at 4, 6, 12, & 13.  And yeah, after 20 hard laps, there was
some brake fade, but nothing to worry about.

Paul