[Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters Digest, Vol 7, Issue 154

Steve Ehlers stevenehlers at charter.net
Sun Sep 13 13:09:05 MDT 2015

  This car has been on eBay in the recent past and I thought it sold
.Back then I thought it was being sold in Eastern States somewhere like
around Georgia ..... Now in Florida ,and titled as such ... Hum....
  Surely was at least a 68 ,and possibly when sold was a late car sold
in the end of 67 calender year as a early model. I haven't heard of
that before but I guess possible ,unless the seller has a Frankenstein
car made up with a title and Repro Vin tag... I would want to see the
frame number to confirm validity of what I was buying not with standing
the possibility of a shady past . Possibly it was fortunate to be
painted in an Iconic Famous Datsun Racer's Livery ..... "Fitzy" was one
of the best !  I like the idea ,since I first saw the paint peeling idea
on Racing Airplanes .....
  Sometimes the Dealers back then would sell a car as the next year car
.I had a '68 2000  that was titled as a 69 . In Texas if the car was
built close enough to the year cut off date ,i.e., 8th month, and you
can prove the Vin number to the theft division of the DMV ,you can get
your registration corrected on a new title . Has been done on many 1970
Datsun Z cars sold as 71's. I have heard of at least one early car sold
as '70 model that it was and re-registered as a 1969 240 Z .
Steve Ehlers
Rising Sun Performance
Fort Worth,Texas

---