[Roadsters] D2000 return

Steve Hill hill2133 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 18:51:32 MDT 2016

All,
Just recently I've decided to get back into getting my '68 SRL311 running
again. After moving it from Gilbert, AZ to Houston and now to Kerrville, TX
and having it site mostly idle for about 10 years, I've re-subsribed to this
list to see if there's as much activity as there was about 5 years ago.
Unfortunately there has been a major complication in the form of a hail
storm that basically trashed the exterior - major dents in front, back, the
whole passenger side and holes in the top. The interior isn't too bad and
the engine/transmission and running gear is still in good shape except for
the brakes. Hagerty sent out an appraiser and the estimate came back more
than it was insured for ($6k). I'm trying to decide whether to invest in the
parts needed to fix it up or take the insurance settlement and start over.
Any thoughts on which way to go?

Steve Hill
Kerrville, TX