[Roadsters] Solex troubles

David Patten futofab at gsinet.net
Sun Mar 6 10:06:33 MST 2016

Daniel
Todd Walrich was a great friend of mine. Todd and I raced together for years and shared a very similar philosophy on both business and life.

With Todd's passing and the blessing of his wife Suzie FutoFab acquired the business assets of Wolf Creek Racing and is carrying on with the sale and service of Mikuni PHH carburetor parts.

The transaction occurred late last Fall. We have finally sorted thru the inventory to the point where we now have a good record of the parts we have on hand and we are just starting to offer carburetor service work.

As for your run problems, there is definitely a blockage that is not letting enough fuel thru to keep the car running without the choke. With today's fuel, the problem comes from the ethanol. Even a few months sitting allows it to raise havoc with fuel systems especially carburetors. Any seasonal use gasoline engine should be using a fuel stabilizer.

One of our local motorcycle dealers has been an advocate for Star Tron fuel stabilizer. It supposedly contains an enzyme that eats the ethanol. They swear by it for motorcycles. The service manager told me they he had a customer with run problems after winter storage of his EFI Honda motorcycle. After 2-3 fill-ups with the Star Tron additive in the gas it cleared up his run problems without any other service being needed.

Give that a try and see if it helps.
And if you want to get into the carbs, we have complete rebuild kits in stock for late model PHH Mikuni carbs as well as some parts for the earlier carbs. If we can be of any service to you please feel free to contact us.

Dave Patten, Owner

FutoFab, LLC
199 Stark Hwy So
Dunbarton, NH 03046-4411