[Roadsters] !966 1600 Brake Master Cylinder help

Stephen Holst stephen.holst at randrglobal.com
Tue Mar 8 07:49:18 MST 2016

What ever you do---- do it "right". Even the 1600s do not stop well with
just the emergency brake.
Steve
68 2000

On 3/7/16, 9:10 PM, "Gary and Cindy Ault via Datsun-roadsters"
<datsun-roadsters at autox.team.net> wrote:

> Look in the "Services" section of Hemmings.  I suspect you'll find at least
> one organization which refurbishes master cylinders.

Rallye has new Nabco
> (correct) M/Cs for about $220 and rebuild kits for about $90, so measure
> whatever you might spend refurbishing your unit against those prices.  Also
> check Datsun Parts and other suppliers to see if you can find a better
> deal.

Gary

 Subject:
 To:
 Date: Sunday, March 6, 2016, 8:33 PM

 Great
> forum
 Can i buy a brake master cylinder from another
 car, that fits my
> 1600?. Or, does anyone have one to sell?.
 The current unit a Girling 70 has
> seized. Also, any good
 articles on making your own brake lines, would be

> good.
 My 1600, is 50 years old. I have owned it for 17
 years, but have
> known it for 25 years. In all that time i
 have only driven it twice. I am
> determined to get her on the
 road this year, so any help, would be

> grateful.
 Major parts needed
 Low windshield...expensiveGasket
 kitsfuel
> sender unit
 Is, Ross Mullen Sport/Imports out of Vancouver
 still in
> business?
 Thanks
 Mick