[Roadsters] Head Gasket Replacement

Joe Russo jrusso07 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 13 05:38:30 MST 2016

Its a SRL right? Its relatively straight forward.  You have to set engine to TDC. You have to pull timing cover as the front part of the gasket seals the front edge of the timing cover.  You might consider changing chains and sprockets.   JT 68 on 311s has a nice aftermarket set of sprockets that I have used. Includes adjustable cam gear.

Check your timing marks on chains and gears...compare to the shop manual.

Pull intake, drop cam gearand chain. Pull head.  May need a valve job? If so, leave it to a proPeople say replace head bolts with new ones - or use aftermarket studs.

Some people use spray copper sealant on gaskets. Some, like me, dont use sealant.

Joe

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 Lite